Stringing Your Wedding Music Together
[+main article image+]
During Your Ceremony
Usually a softer, more romantic style is played to set the tone and ease guests into the mood. The most popular format for weddings is:
- 15 minutes of music played as guests arrive
- a special piece as the bride walks down the aisle
- 1 or 2 pieces as the register is signed
- a piece for the recessional, when the couple leave as husband and wife.
During Your Reception
The wedding music played during your reception often includes a wider selection of music to reflect your taste and those of your guests, however string music is generally played
- as drinks and canapés are served
- before the reception dinner
- while photos are being taken to entertain guests
Sharing the Love
Deciding whether to employ an additional band is based completely on your personal preferences- there is no ‘right’, ‘wrong’ or ‘done’ procedure. Generally, couples organise a DJ or second band for the reception. Many couples, however, prefer to keep the celebration’s atmosphere consistent, and have the string band play foreither the entire night, or at least until the end of dinner, before the dancing is underway.
However you want to structure your wedding music, the most important factor to consider is your own happiness. The ability to have complete creative control over your ideal atmosphere doesnt come around often, so use your own sense of satisfaction and excitement as your music-planning barometer.