Terms & Conditions
Scout & Co. Trust (Scout & Co.) provides an Internet Advertising Service on its website brideonline.com.au (Bride Online). This service is provided in terms of this agreement. By proceeding you agree to accept and be bound by these terms.
- 1.1 You agree that Scout & Co. will communicate with you via email. You are responsible for ensuring that emails are read regularly. Sea Creative Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for the outcome of unread emails.
- 1.2 If you change your contact or billing information – this includes physical address, postal address, email address(es), website(s) and phone number(s) – it is your responsibility to make the relevant changes by logging in to the Bride Online website Advertisers Dashboard.
- 1.3 Site visitors are free to enter any contact detail information on any forms on the site. Bride Online does not warrant the validity of any such information.
- 1.4 Scout & Co. does not keep copies of any enquiry emails and is not able to resend these to you if for any reason you fail to receive them.
2. Site Usage
- 2.1 Any form on the site is for the use of site visitors for the purposes of information gathering on particular services and service providers. It may not be used by Advertisers to communicate with other Advertisers or to solicit business. Any infringement in this regard may result in instant removal of an Advertisers advertising
- 2.2 Products
The advertiser must provide the following before advertising can be made live:
Directory Listing Information Listing Thumbnail Image/Logo Images for Profile Page Profile Page Text About Your Business
*Images appear in the general Image Gallery in order of quality ratings related to image size, lighting, clarity and composition.
Images are rated by Bride Online Staff. Advertisers are not able to improve an image rating other than by replacing the image.
- 2.3 2.3 For advertisers who have purchased a ‘Special Offer’ option:
The advertiser must provide the following before advertising can be made live:
- The Special Offer needs to be activated by the advertiser in the advertiser control panel
- Special offers are listed in the “Special Offers’ section
- Special offers are also listed in various places across the site in random order
- There is a link to the special offer on the advertisers’ Profile Page
- For the convenience of the site users, the advertiser is required to ensure that any special offer is current and valid
- Scout & Co. reserve the right to remove any outdated offers.
- 2.4 Reviews
The advertiser is encouraged to invite their customers to leave reviews. A minimum of 5 advertiser reviews per customer are required to be entered for the reviews to be accepted to prevent spam and self-endorsement. Reviews are subject to language and content review and may be rejected if they are deemed unsuitable and/or not in keeping with the tone of the site.If an advertiser has a bona fide review that they wish to have published without the need for their customer to enter the minimum number of reviews, they can purchase a ‘Manual Review Entry’
3. Right To Use
- 3.1 The Advertiser warrants that all material supplied by the Advertiser for use on the website is the property of the Advertiser and free of copyright restriction. The advertiser indemnifies Bride Online against any copyright action arising from the use of any material supplied under these terms, and grants it an irrevocable and indefinite license to use such material.
- 3.2 The copyright rights of all content, designs, documents, websites and copy produced on behalf of the Client remain that of Bride Online in perpetuity, unless specifically signed over by way of written agreement. Advertisers are not permitted to take any elements of the design as their own to replicate on a business website, or display on any site other than Bride Online.
- 3.3 Bride Online reserves the right to display graphics and other web design elements as examples of their work in appropriate portfolios.
- The nature of advertising is that commercial outcomes cannot be guaranteed. Bride Online makes no warrants or guarantees as to the efficacy of advertising on the site.
- It is the responsibility of the advertiser to ensure that all advertising content is correct and in accordance with the advertisers wishes and in accordance with the relevant advertising package purchased.
- The principle service being provided is that of exposing your business to Bride Online site visitors. Bride Online reserves the right at its discretion to change the volume and frequency of other forms of enquiry to you without prejudice.
- Scout & Co. makes no undertakings or guarantees as to the volume of traffic viewing, responding to or purchasing from the advertiser in relation to the advertising on Bride Online.
5 Payment Terms and Termination
- 5.1.1 If you are purchasing advertising, you are purchasing advertising for one year minimum unless stated otherwise in writing. Paying by installments does not entitle or allow you to cancel your advertising in that period. You remain liable for the full cost of the advertising until fully paid for. Advertisers who have been online for 12 months are eligible to advertise on a month to month basis and are required to provide 30 days notice for cancellation. All accounts that are cancelled for 90 days or more are then considered new business and are required to commit to a 12 month minimum term.
- 5.1.2 If you are purchasing a website:
- 18.104.22.168 An initial deposit is required to be lodged before any work can commence unless otherwise agreed in writing
- 22.214.171.124 Progressive payments are required to be payed upon achievement of project milestones. Work on a project will continue as long as payment deadlines are met.
- 126.96.36.199 Final payment is required before handover or before any systems are made live.
- 188.8.131.52 If you are paying by payment plan, you are referred to the Instalment Agreement Terms and Conditions.
- 184.108.40.206 If you are paying by instalment, then in the event of a payment default, the full outstanding balance will be due and payable.
- 5.2 If for any reason Bride Online has not received any further payment after a deposit has been paid, the agreement will be void and your deposit will be forfeited.
- 5.3 If you are paying by instalment, then in the event of two or more payment defaults the advertising will be taken offline and the full outstanding balance will be due and payable immediately and no future instalment payment options will be made available Upon receipt of the full outstanding balance, the advertising will be re-instated. By such action, any future transactions with the advertiser will be on a cash basis only.
- 5.4 Bride Online reserves the right to reject and/or cancel any application, and/or remove the Advertiser, at any time.
- 5.5 If cancellation or removal is a result of breach of any of these terms and Conditions by the Advertiser, all fees for the full term will be immediately payable
- 5.6 If an Advertiser chooses to cancel advertising in whole or part at any time, there will be no refund provided and all outstanding fees will be due and payable.
- 5.7 If you have received any special offers and/or discounts with your advertising purchase, these will be made void if payment is not made within one week after receipt of invoice.
6 Annual Agreement Renewals
- 6.1 For renewal purposes advertising periods will begin from the 1st of the month following an Advertiser’s live date. This effectively offers up to 4 weeks of free advertising where Advertisers have joined after the 1st of the month
- 6.2 Scout & Co. will send Advertiser Renewal information to the billing email address approximately 45 days before the expiry of the advertising period.
- 6.3 An Advertiser’s renewal payment is due by the specified date prior to the month of expiry of advertising.
- 6.4 If an Advertiser has not made payment arrangements before close of business on the last day of the month of expiry, Scout & Co. will automatically deactivate and remove the advertising. A re-activation fee of $55 will then apply should you wish to renew their advertising arrangement.
- 6.5 Autorenewal: Unless notified otherwise, Direct Debit customers agree that until and unless you notify Scout & Co of your desire to cancel the Services, you will be billed on an automatically recurring basis to prevent any disruption to your Services, using your credit card or other billing information on file with Westpac.
- 7.1 The advertising spend of an Advertiser over a 12 month period will determine ranking within directory listings
- 7.2 Where advertisers have identical spends in a directory, the ranking will then revert to alphabetical order.
- 7.3 Rankings are subject to change at any time without notice and may change on a daily basis.
8 Design Services
Where you have purchased any service that requires design work as part of your advertising, You agree:
- 8.1 You will supply all elements within 2 weeks otherwise design delays will occur.
- 8.2 Scout & Co. will advise on an expected completion date for design proof (between 2-4 weeks).
- 8.3 A proof of the design work will be supplied to the advertiser for feedback/amendments
- 8.4 You will provide all design amendments requests in a single email communication, no later than 2 weeks after the proof has been provided. If we are not notified of any amendments request, we will consider your advertising to be approved and it will be put live.
- 8.4 Only one round of changes will be accepted only. Any further changes will incur charges.
- 8.6 You are responsible for testing the enquiry form on your advertising and ensuring all contact details are correct, and for notifying Scout & Co. of any changes to contact details are required
- 8.7 Completion date is not guaranteed and may be delayed according to advertiser amendments or workload of production studio.
- 8.8 Designer Profile pages are entitled to a redesign each year upon renewal. Where clients have not resubmitted for redesign in more than 2 years, Scout & Co. reserves the right to change your Designer Profile to an Easy Edit Profile to ensure your page remains modern.
- 9.1 All commercial interactions between You and Bride Online are “Commercial In Confidence”
- 9.2 You may not communicate the details of your commercial interactions with Bride Online with any other business or person, or publicise these using email, social media or any other written, audio or video communication medium.
Scout & Co. reserves the right to alter or change any of the terms and conditions at any time.
Website Design Terms and Conditions
- 1. Payment:
- 1.1. Advertisers are required to complete a web design content form, working website hosting logins, a web design brief and make payment or first payment in the case of an installment arrangement, before any work is commenced.
- 1.2. Where additional design work is required outside of the original scope of any quote provided, additional charges will be incurred and a new quote issued.
- 1.3. Clients may pay via money order, cheque, direct deposit, direct debit or credit card (VISA, Mastercard or Bankcard.) Please view our Privacy and Security Policy for credit card payments.
- 1.4. Payment via credit card or direct debit may be made in up to 3 monthly instalments with no additional fee.
- 1.5. Where a 12 month payment plan is required by credit card or direct debit, an additional processing fee of 10% will be charged on top of the invoice total.
- 1.6. Where Clients provide credit card details for payment via installments, the advertiser expressly agrees to allow Bride Online to automatically charge the credit card for any installment or monthly fee during the term of the application.
- 1.7. Bride Online reserves the right to alter charges at any time without notice. Where a Client has already signed an application form for particular services these will not be subject to an increase, but any subsequent work will incur the new fees.
- 2. Cancellation
- 2.1. Bride Online reserves the right to cancel the web design agreement where Client has not paid as agreed, or payment is over 2 weeks late.
- 3. Provision of Content
- 3.1. It remains the responsibility of the Client to provide all required graphic and text elements for the creation of the website within 4 weeks. If all content is not received by a maximum of 3 months following application the project is closed and no refunds are provided.
- 3.2. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all material supplied is the property of the Client and free of copyright restriction.
- 3.3. Upon receipt of elements Bride Online will advise of the Expected Completion Date. Bride Online will use its best efforts to complete work by the completion date, however timeline may be compromised based on time taken to provide concept approval and rounds of feedback. Therefore completion by the Expected Completion date is not guaranteed.
- 4. Design and Approval
- 4.1. Scout & Co. will provide up to 2 distinct design concepts to Clients for feedback.
- 4.2. Clients may make up to 2 rounds of changes to one of the concepts issued. Any further changes required after these rounds will incur additional charges.
- 4.3. Unless otherwise arranged with your contact, clients have a maximum of 2 weeks between rounds of changes at concept and design stage, after which you are not entitled to further changes and charges will be incurred.
- 4.4. It is the responsibility of the Client to thoroughly check all elements of their built website.
- 4.5. If Bride Online receives no response to our communications or cannot reach the client over a period of more than 6 weeks the design project is abandoned, and considered closed. No further work shall be performed and a new quote on following work will be issued.
- 4.6. All original graphics designed and supplied by Bride Online remain the property of Bride Online until the client’s account has been paid in full, at which time ownership and copyright of graphics will reside with the Client.
- 5. General
- 5.1. Scout & Co. reserves the right to alter or change any of the terms and conditions at any time.
- 5.2. Bride Online will browser test websites in the most common browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for page which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- 5.3. Bride Online will make every effort to best code pages for optimal search engine ranking. Search engine ranking results is complex and cannot be guaranteed. Please note that search engines commonly take a minimum of 6 weeks to pick up and rank web pages.
- 5.4. All pages designed and produced by Scout & Co. will display “Website design by Bride Online”, which will hyperlink back to the Bride Online site.
- 5.5. Scout & Co. reserves the right to display graphics and other web design elements as examples of their work in appropriate portfolios.
Customer Direct Debit Request (DDR) Service Agreement
This is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with Scout & Co. (314011) 52 918 094 645. It explains what your obligations are when undertaking a Direct Debit arrangement with us. It also details what our obligations are to you as your Direct Debit provider.
Please keep this agreement for future reference. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your Direct Debit Request (DDR) and should be read in conjunction with your DDR authorisation.
How to Contact Us
You can contact us directly or alternatively contact your financial institution. These should be made at least 7 working days prior to the next scheduled drawing date. You may contact us as follows:-
|Phone:||1300 309 118|
|Mail:||91 Bondi Road|
Bonbeach, VIC, Australia 3196
All communication addressed to us should include your Customer Number.
account means the account held at your financial institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited.
agreement means this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement between you and us.
banking day means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia.
debit day means the day that payment by you to us is due.
debit payment means a particular transaction where a debit is made.
direct debit request means the Direct Debit Request between us and you.
us or we means Scout & Co. (314011) you have authorised by requesting a Direct Debit Request.
you means the customer who has signed or authorised by other means the Direct Debit Request.
your financial institution means the financial institution nominated by you on the DDR at which the account is maintained.
Debiting your account
By signing a Direct Debit Request or by providing us with a valid instruction, you have authorised us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account. You should refer to the Direct Debit Request and this agreement for the terms of the arrangement between us and you.
We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the Direct Debit Request.
We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account if we have sent to the address nominated by you in the Direct Debit Request, a billing advice which specifies the amount payable by you to us and when it is due.
If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited you should ask your financial institution.
Amendments by us
We may vary any details of this agreement or a Direct Debit Request at any time by giving you at least fourteen (14) days written notice.
Amendments by you
You may change, stop or defer a debit payment, or terminate this agreement by providing us with at least 7 days notification by writing to:
91 Bondi Road
Bonbeach, VIC, Australia 3196
by telephoning us on 1300 309 118 during business hours;
arranging it through your financial institution, which is required to act promptly on your instructions.
It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the Direct Debit Request.
If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment:
- you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
- you may also incur fees or charges imposed or incurred by us; and
- you must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method or arrange for sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can process the debit payment.
You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly on 1300 309 118 and confirm that notice in writing with us as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query more quickly. Alternatively you can take it up directly with your financial institution.
If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
You should check:
- with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
- your account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and
- with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request if you have any queries about how to complete the Direct Debit Request.
We will keep any information (including your account details) in your Direct Debit Request confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to this agreement, you should write to
Scout & Co.
91 Bondi Road
Bonbeach, VIC, Australia 3196
We will notify you by sending a notice in the ordinary post to the address you have given us in the Direct Debit Request.
Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the third banking day after posting.