Some brides don’t have the luxury of having a longer engagement and need to pull together their special day in just a few months… or even weeks! The key to planning an express wedding is teamwork – get organised and don’t be afraid to ask for help. You may want to hire a wedding planner to assist you or enlist one of your bridesmaids as a project manager. Make use of all available resources and don’t forget that there are legal requirements that need to be taken care of that are just as important as the rest of your big day.
Here are some suggestions from the Bride Online team on how to organise an express wedding. There are hundreds of suppliers in our online directory including Q Bridal who can assist with planning your day on a short timeline.
- Book a restaurant with a private dining room for your reception
- Choose flowers that are in season and that your florist has already arranged for table decorations and bouquets
- Order your wedding bands when you purchase your engagement rings to save time
- Create a wedding website where guests can RSVP online so you aren’t waiting for replies in the post
- Hair and makeup artist that can do both and come to you
- Find a dressmaker who can also make the bride and bridesmaids dresses