Looking for a great DIY option for your bomboniere? Look no further than the humble cookie!
We have come across the most delicious chocolate chip recipe… of all time… unleash your inner Nigella and get started on this
to-die-for recipe and wow your guests with some decadence!
If you aren’t so great in the kitchen and you don’t have time to DIY it check out some of the suppliers on Bride Online’s directory and get them to create an unforgettable cookie to celebrate your special day. For more Bomboniere ideas click here to visit Bride Online.
Nigella’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (makes 10)
- 125g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
- 150g flour
- 30g cocoa, sieved
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125g soft butter
- 75g light brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, cold from the fridge
- 350g (2 bags) semi-sweet chocolate morsels or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
- Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. (I use my freestanding mixer, itself an odd source of comfort to me.) Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
- Scoop out 12 equal-sized mounds – an ice cream scoop and a palette knife are the best tools for the job – and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.
- Cook for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
- Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.
Store cookies in an air tight container and package in custom made packaging with your monogram/designed sticker/label/insert with some words of meaning. Tie in the colours of the packaging with your wedding theme/reception etc.
Recipe and Image nigella.com