DIY Bomboniere- Body Products
We Just LOVE this idea of personalised body products that any bride and her bridesmaids can create as a thoughtful gift for your wedding guests.
This DIY option is a creat cost effective way to thank your guests, whilst looking stylish and putting your own “stamp” on it. For brides having a destination or beach wedding, you may opt for a “tropical” coconuty scent. For more traditional weddings, you may go for florals. perhaps even scents from your bouquet? The possibilities are endless. Check out our recipe below to make scented body wash, source some 30ml bottles from a soap making supplier and have a label designed and printed that you can attache to your bottle.
Liquid Soap Recipe
1 bar soap (6 oz)
1 TBS honey (or your desired essential oils)
1 tsp glycerin
- Grate bar of soap into small flakes, pour in blender.
- Add 1 cup boiling water and whip.
- Add 1/2 cup room temperature water and stir in blender.
- Add honey (or your desired scent) and glycerin, stir.
- Allow mix to cool (15 minutes) then whip again.
- Mixture should be 2 cups at this point. Top with cool water until mixture measures between 5 and 6 cups, whip.
- Pour into containers and allow to cool (do not put lids or caps on yet).
- After an hour, close containers. Soap mixture will thicken up.
- Shake before using as needed