There are so many fragrances out there on the market its almost impossible to choose just one! Bride Online have come up with a simple guide to help you select your wedding day fragrance for both you and your groom!
Perfume, Eau de parfum, Eau de Toilette? They all sound the same right? Wrong.
- Perfume (a.k.a. parfum): Is the most potent and usually the most expensive option. The reason? It has a higher concentration of oil, so a little goes a long way and you wont (shouldnt) use it up as quickly as some of the others
- Eau de Parfum: Next in line in terms of potency.
- Eau de Toilette and Eau de Cologne: Weaker and watered downin relation to perfume. Eau de toilette and eau de cologne are usually available in convenient spray bottles. Whilst the bottles are larger and the price point lower it dosent necessarily mean good value for money.
- Body Splash and Moisturiser: has the lowest concentration of scented oil and disappears into the skin, offering a lighter scent.
Tip: You would be surprised how much longer a scent lasts when you layer it. Think body wash, moisturiser and perfume.
Finding you wedding day scent.
- Dont experiment with your scent ON THE DAY. Chose one in advance to make sure you a/ aren’t allergic b/ actually like it and c/ it’s suitable (not too heavy etc)
- When shopping around for your scent, spray your skin and smell rather than a card or sniffing the air.
- Have a handful of coffee beans on hand to break up the scents. Take a whiff in between scents to clear your head.
- Test your scent on your partner. The last thing you want is for them to be allergic/not like it or worse… remind them of an ex!
Tips : Apply fragrance on your pulse points (wrists, behind your ears, in the bend of your elbows, on your ankles)
In warmer weather, wear lighter scents. Heat intensifies fragrance, so stay away from heavy perfumes on hot, humid days.
Click here to check out our gallery for your wedding day inspitation!