5 unique bomboniere ideas that won’t break the bank!
Back in the 80’s bomboniere consisted of a handful of coloured almonds in an organza bag and sometimes a piece of wedding cake (usually fruit) in a tiny paper bag. These days bomboniere is big business with lots of brides spending months deciding on what to give their guests as a memento of their special day.
The Bride Online team are always being asked for ways to save money, so here are 5 quick cheap and cheerful bomboniere ideas!
1. Give. Make a donation to a charity that is special to you both in honour of your guests. There are literally thousands of charities out there looking for generous donations (no matter how big or small) Check out Karma Currency or Oxfam Unwrapped
2. Lolly Bags. Who says lolly bags are just for kids parties? Pick up a great stamp or even have one made and incorporate your wedding theme into the design on the bag. Colour match the lollies to your theme and source some cute retro party toys to go inside!
3. Grow. Give your guests a seed sachet and they can watch your bomboniere grow. This is a great idea especially if you have lots of guests coming from OS. By giving them a native Australian native seed sachet, they are taking home a piece of Australia!
4. Fortune Cookies. Have some fortune cookies made up and decorated. On the fortune include something about the two of you or just simply go for your wedding date. Fun and simple.
5. Drink up! Design a signature cocktail for the evening (perhaps even use it for your toast). For those guests who don’t drink alcohol, provide a mocktail option.