Everyone knows the phrase "Something old, Something new, Something borrowed, Something blue". It is up to your own personal tastes to select something for each of these categories. We've compiled some ideas to help you put a modern edge on this old tradition.
- Instead of a new wedding ring, you might want to purchase an antique ring or wear one that has been passed down through your family.
- If you can't find an antique ring, don't despair! Why not wear antique earrings or wedding jewellery on your wedding day.
- Purchase some vintage buttons and have them incorporated into your wedding gown design
- Tie some antique lace around your bouquet for an elegant touch that will still help you maintain the tradition
- This one should be easy, you'll have plenty of new things on the day. What better 'new' item than your wedding gown!
- Spoil yourself and purchase some new and luxurious lingerie. This will not only be a gift for yourself, but also for your new husband.
- Look beautiful and touch up your makeup during the day with brand new lipstick or eye shadow
- You don't have to spend money to have something 'new'. Pick some garden flowers and place them in your bouquet.
- Borrow some earrings from your mother or your grandmother. You might even be lucky enough to wear the pair she wore at her wedding
- Have the wedding ceremony or reception at your parents' or a friend's home
- To help with wedding day costs, borrow some money from your parents or your partner's parents.
- If you can get some in season, why not place some blue wedding flowers in your bouquet
- Wear sexy lingerie with touches of blue in the material for this part of the tradition
- Place tiny blue items areound you throughout the day, such as blue sequins in your gown or blue wedding flowers
- A piece of blue lace in your garter