Now that you've gotten the ring and proposal out of the way,
here are a few tips to help your trip to the altar run smoothly..
- Just as the bride needs time to organise her wedding gown,
you will need to start looking into your options about 4 or 5 months before the
big day. Don't wait till the week before your wedding to figure out what you're
going to wear because you may not be able to find what you are after on such
- Make sure you have decided beforehand if you will rent our
purchase a wedding suit for the day and also find out which style will suit you best.
Your formalwear should be purchased or reserved about 3 months before the
- Ask your bride for some details about her gown. This will
help you to co-ordinate your outfits so that you'll both look fantastic on the
day and your outfits will compliment each other.
- Try not to shave the day before your wedding. Have a shave
right before you plan to get dressed for the ceremony. You'll be soft and
smooth for your bride. There's nothing worse than prickling her with stubble.
- The last thing you want is a shaving rash. Avoid razor burns
by shaving in the direction of hair growth.
- Keep breath mints in your pocket and you'll have a fresh
breath all day long.
- On the day of your wedding eat a hearty breakfast and try to
- Don't smoke or drink alcohol before you go pick up your
bride. You will want to smell and behave your best when you arrive at her
- Perfume and flowers will fill the air so you don't need to
wear cologne. The clean smell of soap should be all you need.
Make sure you have these things before the wedding day:
- Polished shoes
- Shirt studs for tuxedo shirt
- Bow tie
- Socks usually black
- Tuxedo or suit