- Beauty Services
- Bridal Lingerie
- Bridesmaid Dresses
- Formal Wear
- Gifts and Registries
- Hair and Makeup
- Hens Night
- Mother of the Bride
- Photo Booths
- Reception Venues
- Unique Services
- Wedding Accessories
- Wedding Cakes
- Wedding Cars
- Wedding Dance
- Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Hire
- Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Jewellery
- Wedding Music
- Wedding Photography
- Wedding Planners
- Wedding Videographers
Insider's Guide to Reception Venues
Regardless of whether you choose to have a traditional or modern wedding, pick a reception venue that will suit the formality, theme and ambience of your wedding. With brideonline.com.au - you can filter the reception venues into the following sub-categories:
- Reception Centres
- Outdoor weddings, gardens and beach settings
This should already help considerably if you haven't yet decided on your ideal venue. Indoor or outdoor? Formal or informal? Did you know that although many weddings in Australia are very formal events with realtively strict dress codes and etiquettes, in other parts of the world the events can be much more relaxed with only semi-formal attire yet without losing any of their charm?
It's certainly worth picturing your ideal venue scene, also factor in what time of year will your wedding be in as this will also play a big part in the overall theme and ultimately venue choice. We have a massive selection of indoor reception venues that are available all year round. Then again, if the weather will accomodate your preferred time of year, a botanical garden or beachfront scene is something certainly atypical and will be incredibly memorable!
Here are some extra points from a featured article:
- Past brides are a wealth of information. If you know anyone who has gotten married recently, ask them for recommendations and suggestions. They will have first hand experience and be able to give you ideas for your own wedding.
- During peak wedding seasons, reception venues are in high demand and can often book up very quickly. Make sure you have enough time prior to the wedding date to research and book your venue. You do not want to wait until the last posible minute as this will often result in not getting what you wanted.
- It might be a good idea not to book your wedding around major events. An example of this might be if you are having your wedding in the city, your guests might have a hard time finding accommodation during Grand Final weekend! Prices may rise around events and holidays so try to steer clear of them.
- Always ask your reception venue if they hold more than one reception on any given day. Ensure that if another reception is booked for after yours you will not be rushed out as soon as your time elapses. Also ask what happens if your wedding does run overtime and if there are any fees that might be involved.
- Bear in mind that you will need about two hours to set up for the reception. If there is a lunch scheduled before your dinner reception, make sure you allocate enough time to get everything ready and set up before your guests arrive.
- Ensure that the venue is set up so there is enough room for reception events such as cutting the cake and the first dance. You might find that a room that fits 200 for cocktails will not be big enough for a sit-down dinner and dancing, so always be sure to ask.
- Find out how much the deposit is to secure the venue and ask about their cancellation policies. Will you receive your deposit back if you cancel? Will there be any fees involved?
- Most weddings include dancing, so you will want to ask your reception venue if there are any restrictions on music. There might be noise restrictions you need to be aware of. Find out if there will be enough electrical outlets for your musicians or DJ.
- Always get everything in writing and ensure that the contract you get from your reception venue covers all the items you've discussed and agreed upon.
We hope you have learned some useful tips and have a better idea of what you are looking for in a reception venues, next week we will have a look at catering and the different options for your event!